Re: [ST] Dealer problems

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Andrew F. Kay, Jr.  wrote:

> You can help by letting Triumph (and this list) know which dealers are
> sheep and which goats.  When you are on the list, recommend your dealer
> if he is worth while.

Will do. On that note, something that might be useful is the motorcycle
equivelant of resellerratings.com or epinions.com

In fact, I believe that resellerratings.com would work just as it is,
although I don't know if it has the capability to deal with meat-only
stores. It seems to be based around stores which have a URL.

It seems to me that the motorcycle community (particularly the
internet-savvy portion) is more tightly-knit and vocal when they are
pleased or displeased with a dealer or product.

I often see posts from individuals saying "I had this horrible experience
with dealer X and I will never go there again" - but then I have trouble
remembering which dealer that was the next day, and even if I do remember
I wonder if it was only that one person or if many people had the same
problem.

The same goes for good feedback - how do I know if someone's positive
experience was just a one-time occurrance because they got the right
service tech?

Paul