RE: [ST] Any suggestions?

> I guess I'm ready to spend my own money and have a dealer do some actual
> trouble shooting. I'm wondering if I brought it in now while it's too cold
&
> snowy to do any actual test riding if there's anything they can really do.
>
> I doubt if they did any of the suggested checks while it was in for the
12k
> service and previously I think all they've done is mess with the CO levels
and
> tunes.

Steve,
Other things to check for fuel mileage:
The thermostat - if it's stuck open, the engine won't come up to temp and
will run rich.
The coolant temp sensor - can cause high fuel usage if it's out of spec.
Injector spray pattern - I regularly run fuel injector cleaner through my
system.  Dirty injectors will cause roughness too.
Brakes - see that the wheels spin freely

For roughness:
Throttle body sync
Vacuum leaks between the throttle bodies and cylinders

Good luck,
- --Rick in Oregon
  '01 Sprint ST