Re: [ST] Touring Virgin - Suggestions?

In addition to whats already been mentioned I would also add to be aware of fatigue.
The bike will do the trip a lot easier than you. If you have a standard seat it will become quite uncomfortable within a couple of hours and the desire to get off may become very great.
If you drink caffeine drinks remember that they take water from your system which needs to be replaced. If not this will contribute to fatigue and lack of concentration.
Make sure you are as comfortable as possible in your gear and on the bike. You are going to be there for a while. The last thing you want is feeling like you are happy to get off and dont want to get back on with hundreds of miles to ride!
I have been in this position on a GSX750F with a noisy open pipe, a jet kit, lousy gas mileage and a pillion with an ear ache that burst into tears when she found out we had 400 miles left for the day.
I have no idea what the distances are like between gas stations where you are but in Australia we have to be a little bit careful. You may need to plan your fuel points carefully.
I have a shock resistant CD player rigged up for long trips. It sure beats talking to yourself all day.

The ST is one of the best bikes for long rides. It will cruise effortlessly on boring straight bits and is still fun to hook in on the twisties even if you are loaded up. Remember to adjust you suspension for the added weight.

And of course above all else settle in and enjoy the ride!

Brett
Sydney