Re: [ST] Touring Virgin - Suggestions?

Emery,
The trip you mention can easily be done in 2 days. I have done a similar
ride in one day (Savannah, GA to Verona, NJ (Essex County)) riding solo
on the stock seat. My recipe for sanity and comfort during the ride:
- - Music. I would have gone bonkers if I had heard nothing but road hum
for 800+ miles.
- - Aleve or Advil. Sitting on anything for 3 to 4 hour stretches can be a
pain in the arse.
- - Shift seating positions regularly. This is more of a suggestion for
slabbing, you'll do it anyway if you're on back roads. Again, it's to
alleviate the pain in the arse.
- - No caffeine, it's only a short term stimulant, you'll be more tired
when it wears off. Instead go with healthful snacks, fruit juice and water.
- - Combine all your needs to stop in one stop: pee, gas, food, stretch
legs. And if you stop at the wrong place you can get food and gas
simultaneously. ;-)

If I was doing the trip that you're doing I would probably do the following:
Day 1 - NJ to Front Royal or Waynesboro, VA (about 300 or 375 mi.)
Day 2 - Continue to Charlotte (about 300 or 375 mi.)

- --
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"If you don't know where you are going, you will probably end up
somewhere else."
             -- Laurence J. Peter