[ST] Ultra-low mileage STs...

I have a saved search in eBay to send me info on new auctions with ST bits. Today's update contained one for a 2003 ST. What caught my eye is that the bike (apparently) has only gone 1149 miles (see link below). Would appear that owner (who has done 850 miles on it) thought it couldn't handle the long distance stuff, as appears to have replaced it with a Pan European...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item=4560018924&fromMakeTrack=true

Why do people buy an ST and not ride it? Who are these people? What can you tell about a bike after 850 miles? If you work on basis that he might have done a couple of long-ish trips (say 200 miles?) to try out bike when it was 'new' he has probably only had to fill tank five times... Weird.

Same ebay email had details of this ST05 - ridden 1200 miles...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item=4560142361&fromMakeTrack=true

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03