From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paul
English
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 2:02 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] On oil-leaking British bikes

So I think I've been bitten by what I'll label from the archives as the
"crankcase breather valve" problem.

So now on to my questions -

The airbox breather tube end  was just dangling in midair above the
swingarm pivot, a little to the left of center. Is this the correct
location?

YES

Does anyone have the part number for the machined crankcase breather
valve?

I assume you're talking about the seal. Up to and including engine 83309
uses part # T3550096. 83310 and up uses part # T3600059.  The crank cover
gasket is T1261036.

In the archives it was mentiond that there is supposed to be some sort of
drip "bung" installed in the end of this hose - mine doesn't have it. Does
anyone else with a  2000 have it?

Yes, it is a small plastic plug.

In the process of examining this problem I discovered an unconnected
electrical "interface." It looks to have 3 or 4 conductors housed in a
plastic connector and is just below the frame above and to the front of
the right footpeg inside the engine area. I poked around and can't find a
second mating connector dangling loose. Does anyone know what this is?

It is an unused connector.  It's supposed to be there.