Re: [ST] Fuel tank hoses (idle problem)

I had exactly the same problem as below. Does your neutral light flicker? I traced the problem to a bad neutral switch. Replaced the switch and the bike runs and idles great. I had read somewhere that the ECU compensates for a low voltage signal by bumping up the revs. Perhaps the bad switch was causing a voltage signal drop. Don't know for sure, but I do know it solved the problem.

Message: 12
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 17:37:54 +0100 (BST)
From: Barry Croft <barrycroft@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ST] Fuel tank hoses
To: st-triumphnet.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Folks

As per my last email I'm having problems with my RS idling fast when warm and sitting in neutral. If I hold it in gear (with the clutch in) it's nice and slow, but in neutral it 'idles' at nearly 2000 rpm!

Today I had the tank off for a look-see. And straight away saw that the slim but thick-walled black hose coming off the Fuel Pressure Regulator at the base of the tank was perished and cracked. It was also just dangling freely in the space behind the block.

I have now trimmed the split end and pushed it back onto the tank spigot snugly, but where is the other end supposed to go? It's thick-walled so I presume it's designed to take pressure, rather than just be a drain tube - but what does it connect to? The Airbox? That has a spare spigot for a hose, under the right side, but I'm not sure. Or should it lead to the Idle Air Control Valve maybe? I haven't looked closely at that yet because it means taking the Air Filter off.

Help!

Barry

2000 RS

Message: 13