Re: [ST] Rossi unhappy with US track

Roberts, Mamola, Lawson and all those boys used to tear up Laguna when it had a lot less run off than it does now. I don't remember hearing them complain at all. And that was on the old circuit which was a lot faster, and before the new paving that got rid of some really nasty bumps.

One of my favorite memories of Roberts was watching him go through what was then turn 7 (just after the corkscrew). Anybody that has ridden Seca in the 80s knows how bumpy that corner was. Roberts figured the fastest way through the bumps was to just wheelie around the corner, that way there was only one tire bumping around. Pretty damn impressive.