RE: [ST] Sub Frame Straightening

>>> jeremyw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/12/05 2:05 PM >>>
I'm interested to hear responses to this as I have to do the same
thing.
Seems the accident that "totaled" Skittles cracked the left pannier
and
twisted the subframe counter clockwise (from the rear).

I've heard that removing all the rear bodywork such that a long steel
pipe/pry bar can fit into the rear of the subframe and have some
strong
folks hold the bike steady.  Push the pry bar in the right direction
until satisfied.  Twist it back into shape.

However, this is just an unconfirmed rumor.

I've seen this done...  exactly as you describe.  It was at a junkyard,
of sorts, done on an early 90's jap 600 IIRC.  Not sure how precise this
method is (read:NOT) but it'll get you back on the road.

Dan

www.packereng.com