Re: [ST] RS Neutral switch

I am one of those who has suddenly had a high idle speed when hot, even
after a 12k service.

Tried pulling the neutral switch wire off when it was running after a
long trip and the revs dropped.  Put it back on and they rose again.
Shorted it to the frame (electrical engineers do that sort of thing) and
it rose by the same amount suggesting the neutral switch is giving a
good signal.

So.  Either that isn't my problem, OR it remembers the poor signal and
does not clear its fast idle command immediately.

Must try kicking it next.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> barrycroft@xxxxxxxxxxx 13/07/2005 11:37:08 >>>

<snip>

PS. Thanks Andy for the tip re: the neutral switch possibly affcting
the RS idle. I'll check it out ASAP.

Barry