RE: [ST] Tire Blues

I personally would recommend the Dunlop D208's, as they are super sticky, and the only tire I have had great success with (no sliding around the turns). My club is a very fast sport riding club, and we constantly push are bikes 95% or more of their capabilities. I usually have my tires edged out after about 300 miles, and always had problems with the Pirrelli Dragons,  and the Battle Axe's. After switching to the D208's, which I thought wouldn't hold up on the heavy ST, I have been able to improve my corning speeds about 20-30%, and been much more comfortable in scraping the pegs to nothing. I switched to a 190 in the rear, which also made my bike more stable in some bumpy turns, and seems to track a bit better in the fast sweepers out in PA/NY. After my third set, I am staying with these. I get between 4k and 6k depending on how much touring I do, as my sides are usually the first to fade.

Erik Miner <eeminer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:BT57's are LONG LONG discontinued.. and I thought they sucked
anyway... 010's are replaced by 014... (and there are better sport
touring tires than the 020 ) Question is do you really need super sticky
sport bike tires on an ST?? (I doubt that many are exceeding the traction
available, on the street, of good sport touring tires.) Anyway if you think
you do I'd go with Michelin Pilot Power, or Metzeler Sport Tec
M1.. Although personally I've been VERY happy with Michelin Pilot Road,
great in the wet, very good dry stick, and about 7K from a set on a BMW
K1200RS which weighs about 100lbs more than a ST... Oh, and I ain't got no
chicken strips to speak of :-)