To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 12:33 AM
Subject: [ST] Tire Blues

Sheesh I'm having a bad time with tires.

First a month ago I pick up a nail in the back tire, and had it patched after getting some input from this list. (I'm still not totally convinced about that, but I couldn't bring myself to toss a tire with only 2000 kms on it.)

Now the tire has 3000 kms on it, and cleaning the bike yesterday (goodbye bugs!) I spotted a 1 inch wide gash in the middle of the tire. I tried shoving a butter knife into it to see how deep it is, it doesn't seem as deep as the tread pattern, but its got me worried - and that isn't going to be fun.

Maybe I should just give up on this tire?

I would like to go for Battlax 010's front and back in the long run - grip is more important to me than mileage. Anyone on this list gone from '57s to '010s ?

Can I go '020 on the back and '010 on the front ?

The other tires I was thinking of is the Pirelli Corsa - got a view ?

thanks, and sorry for resurrecting a tired old thread.

Marc

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is intended
for the use of the person(s) to whom it was addressed.
If you are not the addressee, you may not copy, forward, disclose or deliver
this message or any part of it to anyone else.If you received this e-mail in error,
please reply to the sender of this message, and delete the mail.Any views expressed in
this message are those of the individual sender,except where the sender specifically states
them to be those of The Foschini Group of Companies, to whom no liability shall attach whatsoever.

The Foschini Group disclaims all liability for any loss, damage or expense however caused, arising
from the use or reliance upon the information provided through this service.
Any recipient of an unacceptable communication, a chain letter or offensive material
of any nature is requested to report this to email address: security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx