Re: [ST] Rossi unhappy with US track

Is that the "Kevin McGee" who got hit while doing a burn-out in the middle of the track, after the race?

Laguna is a long way from perfect, even after the resent improvements. But it is a unique track that is a great challeange to the riders. It is very true that the MotoGP bikes do not get anywhere near there top speed. But there are lots of tracks on the schedule with big straights. A few tight tracks give the series variety.

Barber is a small track and would not have better speed then Laguna. Also, even though it is new, it has runoff problems that would need to be fixed for MotoGP. If they could get the money, it would be a good place to race MotoGP.

Road America is probably the only track big enough to show the true speed of the MotoGP bikes. They have a bridge to move (remove) and who knows what other problems. But if they had the money...

David W. Funk
Pleasanton, CA