[ST] Re: RS neutral switch

> Tried pulling the neutral switch wire off when it was running after a long trip and the revs dropped.  Put it back on and they rose again. Shorted it to the frame (electrical engineers do that sort of thing) and it rose by the same amount suggesting the neutral switch is giving a
good signal. So. Either that isn't my problem, OR it remembers the poor signal and
does not clear its fast idle command immediately.

Hi Chris

I'm confused. If pulling the wire drops the revs then the switch IS the problem, isn't it? Or is it? Are you saying that the switch is OK? I guess the ECU could be misinterpreting the signal from the switch, is that it?

In which case might it be an idea to break the taboo and use the kill button, then wait three cycles and see if it all resets itself....

Sometimes I miss mechanical points and carbs. True they went wrong a lot, but they were also dead easy to fix!

Barry