Re: [ST] Rossi unhappy with US track

That incident was one of those on replay that is/was just simply hard to watch. Makes me cringe to think about it.
I always thought Shobert stopped after the checkers, reached over to shake hands/congratulate whatever another rider
and HE was hit from behind by someone. But my memory probably isn't accurate. You're pulling up the other riders
name and I had no idea who else was involved. Do you snort Ginseng or something?

John

At 01:12 PM 7/13/2005, Erik A wrote:
>Is that the "Kevin McGee" who got hit while doing a burn-out in the
middle of the track, after the race?

Yah, that's him. He broke his ankle in that incident. Shobert was
seriously injured and his racing career ended.

The following year McGee crashed badly in turn 6 and suffered very
similar injuries as Shobert, and his GP career was over.