[ST] MotoGP comment and other input

I am way behind on reading the list postings, but perhaps these comments are
not duplicates of others' postings:

Rode up to Carmel with 7 others last Thursday.  Had another great ride, if
not as intense as last year's.  The three days at Laguna Seca were really
good, the ingress and egress at the track varied.  It actually only took me
15 minutes to get out to 68 on Sunday after the Super Sport race.  Hard to
figure.  The kart races were so out of place with the rest of the racing; I
hope the organizers replace the karts with 250GP next year.  They should
also get someone who knows the lyrics to the National Anthem, and better
announcers, but that is a lot to hope for.

I took advantage of the 30-psi test point at the Dunlop booth in the paddock
area to test my trusty tire gauge that I bought 20 years ago at the Porsche
Parade in Costa Mesa.  Alas, the gauge read 34 psi!  All these years, it's
been lying to me.  My cheap pencil gauge is actually closer to correct.
Anyhow, the take-away from this is don't trust your gauge.  Test it against
a calibrated source if at all possible.  A bad gauge can affect tire life
even if you measure frequently.

My wife drove her cage up to Monterey but rode with me to the track and
back, and to Cannery Row.  So, I reset the suspension after I arrived in
Carmel and before leaving to return to Escondido.  DeWalt (and others) make
a screwdriver bit adapter with a sliding tube that centers the driver bit on
a screw.  Mine fits in the frame access hole for the rear shock preload
adjustment.  As it is nearly impossible for me to see the adjustment screw
with the driver in place, the adapter works great with a 1/4" screwdriver
handle.  This setup also works well for the damping adjustment on the rear
shock.

Rich (Thunderdawg) Rumble
2004 Aston Green Sprint ST
1995 Yamaha TZ250