[ST] Valve Clearance issues

>WHOA THERE!!!

My manual says 10nm for the cam cover bolts and the camshaft caps.

Which is correct.  25nm will more than likely strip the threads in your cylinder head, like it did mine.  And FWIW, my machinist's spec book as well as my mechanic both recommend 8 nm for that size bolt.

I don't know about typo, the dealer from whom I bought my manual (and who bore the brunt of my rage upon stripping my head) insisted the number was correct, that I had the wrong manual.  (AFAIK, there is only ONE ST manual, but who knows.  He said there are two.  Funny thing is I bought my manual from him, IN 1999)  But like I said, anyone who knows ANYTHING knows you can't put 25 nm of torque on a 6 mm bolt....especially a steel bolt into aluminum.

David
'99ST