[ST] Head Shake

Hi All,

I've been playing with the preload etc on my RS, and thought I had it perfect until the run I did on Sunday.

Between Darling and Mamre up our West Coast there is a nice run you can do, but its very bumpy. I went with a mate on his old Yamaha 1.1 Midnight Special, and we were running 140/150 KPH once we got clear of Darling. This is the first time I've run the bike fast-ish over very bumpy sections.

I'm still running BT57's (not for much longer!) - planning to go to '014's next week as I can get a good deal on them and another mate wants my front BT57.

Twice I hit a very bumpy section and had my bike do a headshake - very unsettling. It didn't develop into anything resembling a tank slapper, but enough to rattle me. If it had happened in a corner I might have lost the plot.

My mate on his old 1.1 was fine - just complaining that he was getting airborne from time to time.

Here's my question : The preload (and rear rebound) is set pretty close to the max recommended in the guideline, and that seems to give me the right static sag measurements, as done by a mate. On better roads it handles nicely.

If I back off the preload a touch on the front and rear - will it get rid of the head shake or make it worse?

thanks

Marc
Cape Town

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is intended
for the use of the person(s) to whom it was addressed.
If you are not the addressee, you may not copy, forward, disclose or deliver
this message or any part of it to anyone else.If you received this e-mail in error,
please reply to the sender of this message, and delete the mail.Any views expressed in
this message are those of the individual sender,except where the sender specifically states
them to be those of The Foschini Group of Companies, to whom no liability shall attach whatsoever.

The Foschini Group disclaims all liability for any loss, damage or expense however caused, arising
from the use or reliance upon the information provided through this service.
Any recipient of an unacceptable communication, a chain letter or offensive material
of any nature is requested to report this to email address: security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx