Re: [ST] 12k service blues

"On the buying tools front, I had no idea how expensive decent 3/8" & 1/2"
drive torx bits were until I bought a Triumph..."

I can fully relate to this one. I've always been one to buy the right tools
for the job. My tool kit is always expanding as new tasks come along and a
particular tool makes life so much easier.
However...I've never spent so much money in one hit just to be able to do
what seemed like relatively simple jobs.

First there was the BIG sockets and drive bar to remove the front sprocket
and rear wheel. I've never used them for anything else.
Then I had to update my Allen key sets.
Then of course there was the set of torx, which at the time were ridiculously
expensive as one company had the licence for them in Australia and you had to
give up a pint of blood and your first born for the privilage of owning a set
of their tools...

It took me a day just to find a supplier that had all this in stock.

Brett
Sydney.