GRIN

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> sprint_st@xxxxxxx 19/07/2005 18:06:59 >>>
"One annoying thing about modern cars in particular is that having the
right size drive bit can mean the right LENGTH as well as diameter."

My last bike was a Kawasaki Concours which was designed to defeat the
driver/mechanic. First they made a service manual that created "space"
by
sucking all the gases out of the universe.  Then they made everything
as
difficult to get at as humanly possible.  Not only did Big K fail, but
Connie drivers have group wrenching sessions to teach each other the
tricks of the trade.

When it comes to Sprints, it seems Triumph also is totally blatent
about
making it clear that YOU should not work on YOUR bike.  It's almost
like
software, it's on loan to you, you don't own it.  When it comes to
bolts
and screws, can anyone tell me why you have to be constantly switching
from allen, to torx, to standard in every size known to man????  When
work on my bike, I have at least four or five ratchets sitting on the
bench, plus a set of T-handle allens, socket allens sets, torx sets,
1/4,
3/8 & 1/2" drives, yada, yada, yada.  I've got sockets that are so big
that I haven't seen such critters since I worked on military vehicles.

Wow, it's just a plot to make you take your bike to dealer.

Grumpy Old Man
<<<