RE: [ST] Some garages -

A mate and I were working on his 3 litre Vauxhall Senator a few years
back (we both had one) and his needed the crankshaft pulley off for some
reason.  I'd done mine previously and couldn't remember if it was a
left-handed thread.  We spent a happy(?) couple of hours turning it,
splitting sockets (3 if I recall and they were 3/4in!) and banging
elbows on other engine parts etc.  before, during a coffee break, I
tried the 'other way' and it came off easily.  However, it did look like
an hourglass and we had to replace it.

Boy did we laugh (not).

Chris Harwood
00 RS