To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:27 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] What's the Sprint's current competition?

How's come nobody mentions the FZ1?

Excellent question. :)

That's been my primary bike since late 2001.
I use it almost exclusively for sport touring, and on occasion for day rides
around the tight twisties in the SF Bay Area. I can really find no fault
with it
at all. The R1 motor flat out kicks ass. (Mine makes 127 rwhp)
The seating position (with lower bars) suits me to a tee. A custom Rick
Mayer seat
makes my butt happy, and I installed an Ohlins out back and had some minor
upgrades
done to the forks.

I have taken mine to track days and ridden all over California on it. It can
rail through the
corners or be ridden leisurely. It does it all and I'm having a hard time
convincing myself
that anything would do it better. I dumped my R1 for it, and I have never
regretted it.