[ST] Allen & Torx

Mick & all:
You can use your Torx bits on both Allen and Torx fittings. I bought a good set for my ratchet wrenches and keep them on the bike.
Torx heads don't strip as easily as Allen heads if they are over tightened or must be broken loose without the benefit of air/impact tools.
The turn signals on the Sprint ST are small Allen heads and they are ALWAYS made up super tight at the factory. The Allen heads almost always strip (not the threads) when they need to be removed. Most times I cut a slot into them so I can use a slot screwdriver.
Cheers,
Howard Stephen Serlick
Philadelphia