[ST] SpeedTV and TWT

Hey Folks,
    Thought I would chime in on this one. Rumor floating around Speed Channel is that they will become the NASCAR Network sometime this winter. All Stock Cars/Trucks, All the Time. The follow up to this is that Speed Channel will be reborn without any of the NASCAR programming. However (comma) at this point there is NO guarantee that Fox will push for cable and satellite companies to carry it in addition to NASCAR Net. We can only hope that they do. (This is what ESPN does to cable co's- making them carry ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPN Classic if they want ESPN) People at Fox are beginning to recognize that they have a very large audience watching Speed, but that the Neilson numbers are never going to reflect it. Do you know how much TV. you have to watch to be a "Neilson Family"? I would think that it explains the asinine gravitation to ALL "reality" based programming...simple really...these people do not have a life of their own!  All they do is watch TV! As long as I can get the races I'm pretty happy. After the USGP I am now jealous of you guys in Europe who get to see qualifying every race. That last 10 min was awesome! I do wish someone would burn down Greg's Garage and that a real weekly TV Motorcycle Mag would rise from the ashes. I'm going to be a Homer now.....GO Nicky and GO Colin!! Feel better now...

Laters,
Dave Smoot
'99 ST (50K mi)