Re: [ST] Kick A$$ roads

In a previous email, STeve Duncan stated:
All I can say Lawler, is those are some pretty flimsey excuses. How often do you get the opportunity to meet someone you already "know" from this list? Few and far between, I can tell ya. And the chance to meet Matt may never occur again. You blew it man :)

Oh, well. Hopefully there will be other opportunities. I have not abandoned my plans for a cross country trip. However, to date I have met the following listers face to face (in no particular order): Erik Miner, Howard Serlick, Steve Knudsen, Linda Combe, Denis Liakos, Ken Mitchell, Andy Kay. I may have met others on the Triumph Across America ride, I apologize if I don't recall that.

Oh, and I did post my itinerary before I left. Only Steve Knudsen joined us for a game.

Matt I promise (or threaten, as the case may be) to track you down if I am ever within a hundred miles of Ferndale. Hell, just the name conjures up images of "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman".

Uh. That was Fernwood.

And that goes for the rest of ya as well. I'm coming to drink yer beer and sleep in yer backyard!

I have a 15 year old son. We have learned to not keep beer in the house. We can pop down to the local watering hole and the first three rounds are on me. As for the backyard, I won't let you sleep there. My dog will deem your stuff as its territory and mark it accordingly. My wife's cats will just annoy the crap out of you. My neighbor screams at her husband and talks baby talk to their dogs and I've learned to tune out their parrot. We do have an extra bed you can sleep on. And if you're really nice we will fix you up with the single woman that lives next door.

-- Steve Lawler Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Politicians should read science fiction, not westerns and detective stories."
-- Arthur C. Clarke