Re: [ST] Bike Information

Whew. nice list to choose from. I have friends who own each of these bikes and even a GS or 2.

The main opinion I hear on the GS1150 is that it's over weight and under powered. Not the same story with the 1200, lighter and a lot peppier. I took a ride around Lake Superior a couple of years ago with some friends. 1 solo on a GS1150, 1 two-up on a FJR1300, and me solo on the ST. The FJR and Sprint had no issues with passing cars or just flying low. The guy on the GS kept complaining about having to down shift to pass. Mu friend with the 1200 says he has no problems pulling wheelies if he wants.

The guy with the 1200 Bandit loves it and has it outfitted with a full set of Give bags. He's taken it all over and finds it very comfortable and powerful. It's weird to see a fully bagged Bandit up on one wheel!

The VStrom guy rides his in the mountains around Suches in GA all the time. He loves it but his wife won't climb aboard. Never really got the whys behind that story. For him it's very comfortable and handles the twisties beautifully.

The guy with the FZ1 put a Micron pipe and did a little bit of tuning and now gets IIRC 124 rwhp. He likes it a lot and his wife rides behind him on it too. He thinks the suspension is a little soft for the track but is very good for everyday street riding.

HTH!

George