Re: [ST] Showa Rear Shock Rebuild

On 7/31/05, Al Garvin <agarvin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I don't want to start another shock thread here, but I would like to
> know if anyone knows if the stock Showa rear shock for an ST can be
> rebuilt and if so by whom? I am really not intrested in other brands and
> if they will fit.
> Could not find anything in the archives.
> Thanks,
> Al Garvin
> San Martin, Ca.

The rear shock on the 99-2004 is not rebuildable. In theory you may be
able to find someone willing to do it but I do not know of anyone who
has. Lindemann Engineering used to rebuild shocks that were not
rebuildable for the ST1100
http://www.le-suspension.com/

The damping failed on my shock at 27K and I replaced it with a low
mileage stock one off ebay. One of these days I will have to bite the
bullet and get a decent aftermarket shock.
Rupert