RE: [ST] A question to the list

Rick in Oregon said:
>>"raise the adjustment until all the oncoming motorists angrily flash
their high beams and make rude gestures.  Then lower the adjustment
until only half of them do."

Rich replied:
>"I laughed at this one, for it took me right back to my days in the
Navy.  I was working with a Chief Sonarman in repairing a fathometer.
We were securing the waterproof lid over the transmitter, and I asked
him how tight it should be.  His response was:  "Tighten it until you
feel the threads stripping, then back off a quarter turn"."

Oh yes!  But only the military can afford the unobtanium hardware with
the self-repairing threads :o)

--
Rick