From: "Jeremy Witt" <jeremyw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ST] Finally!  Newbie questions!
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:01:39 -0400

The (mostly) BRG 2001 Sprint ST showed up last night and is in the garage at last! The title hasn't made it yet, so I guess I have no choice but ride it (carefully) with the old Hawk plate.

First question: left headlight is out. Are both lights high/low? Figured I'd get the proper bulb before venturing into the upper fairing.

Second: It appears to have the bonus heated grips. There is a 3-way rocker switch in the left fairing. Which position is off??

Third: Since the bike is a rebuild from a left hand lowside crash (forks, front fender, left upper fairing and right bag are from a different 01 Sprint), the left bag is a bit worse than I thought. Someone was nice enough to send me some prices on bag lids. Could they forward again? I'd like to get that weather tight asap.

Fourth: Can someone explain the multiple positioning of the exhaust pipe? Haven't taken a close look yet (rolled in from a work road trip around 2AM) but there doesn't appear to be much room to move before hitting the bag support.

Need to get that service manual!

Thanks for your patience!
JDW