Re: [ST] Panniers & parts info

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Dan Wetherington wrote:

-Here's a question:  On my panniers, there is a soft rubber "gasket" on
-one side (bike side).  There isn't anything on the outer side that
-appears to press against it.  I'll try to look closer, but it seems as
-if this is part of the leak problem...  Am I right, or am I missing
-something?

The lid side fits into that gasket IIRC...the "lip" I mention that I'd sealed
on the old bike is that lip from the gasket "holder" where it attaches to the
bike side as I was getting water in between the shell and that piece.

--

                               ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\