To: <st-triumphnet.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 6:51 PM
Subject: [ST] Painting a ST

Been a member of the list for sometime now and mostly lurk here but just wanted to share a few pictures. Some may remember, last yr I was hit by a un-licensed un-insured driver and lost all the forward plastic. Only the tank and under seat plastic survived. Bought some plastic off ebay and some from list members. Estimated damage was near 6k, My cost to fix was about 1300.00. I learned quite allot in this fix one thing I did have to replace was a rear brake mount I did not want to do the powder coat thing on it so I bead blasted and cleared it, it works well and is not noticeable. Plastic welder did a very good job. I did find a good shop to replace the glass and recalibrate my speedo that run me about 125.00 I got replacement foam for the inside of fairing sides at a boat building shop and heat shield for belly pan at a speed shop. Now to decide if I want to replace the sprint ST decals or use silver foil for the text. Anyway thanks to those on the list for tips and hints on the repairs or parts to get back on the road. Here is a link to the work in progress. I never did get any pictures of it after it was hit though. http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&coll id=219863005203&page=1&sort_order=0 -- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.322 / Virus Database: 267.5.1 - Release Date: 6/2/2005