Re: [ST] PMR 446

Doing a little digging, the ERC/DEC/(98) deals with setting up the
frequency band.  What the riders apparently were ticketed for had
nothing to do with the radios, more to do with how they were using them
(while riding, using helmet mounted speakers/mics).  Does anyone have
any more info on the incident (where it happened?)  If we knew where it
was, maybe we could find out what the ordinance/law was that they were
cited for.  Does Spain have a "no cell phone while driving" or similar
law?  Or maybe its just the headphone/earbud/earplug issue.

Dan

>>> sprint-st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/06/05 3:30 AM >>>
In your message regarding Re: [ST] PMR 446 dated Sat, 4 Jun 2005
11:39:18 +0100, Mike Bostock said that ...

>MB- In your message regarding [ST] PMR 446 dated Fri, 3 Jun 2005
23:42:56
>MB- +0100, Mike Bostock said that ...
>
> >MB- I have just heard that some riders were fined in Europe (France
or Spain)
>MB-
>MB- It was Spain - any Spanish listers out there??
>
> >MB- for using PMR radios (bike to bike).  Since both these countries
are
> >MB- signed up to the ERC/DEC/(98)25, 26 and 27 with no deviations is
there
> >MB- specifically a problem with use whilst driving (bearing in mind
that the
> >MB- kit is effectively "hands-free")?

Not had any replies to this - any Spanish speakers mind having a go
at translating this please? http://www.sprint-st.org/ticket_1.jpg

--
Mike Bostock
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx