[ST] Engine Swap

I have just recently started having problems with my transmission at 36k on my 00 ST. Second gear is popping out here and there(probobly due to my wheelie obsession ;) ) , and fifth gear finds alot of false neutrals. So, rahter than pulling and rebuilding, and taking a month for my dealer to get me parts, I am obtaining a replacement, checking it over, then swapping in one day. ( I hate to be parted from my rides)  Does anyone know what year they added the anti-backlash gear to the crank/clutch basket, and do you know if that engine would be compatable with my chassis/electronics?  I've rebuilt many Jap bikes for local friends and customers, so I have no problems with tools/working on them. I just would like to get rid of that distinct and anoying sound in crankcase. Thanks for your help.

Justin

00 Caspian Blue ST