Re: [ST] Replacement Instruments...?

Bil Swartz wrote:

Wow, that's pretty cool Russell. I'd like more info, though I have Garmin's
MC mount for my Quest I'm thinking your solution would be good for a radar
detector.

Thanks Bil. I've put up another picture, showing just the mount.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-6/1025340/P5190199small.jpg

What I've made is a nylon block, basically a distorted 'L' shape. As can be seen from the picture it mounts using the clutch lever mounting. I just used 10 mm longer screws. To this brecket is mounted the Garmin mount for the GPS V.

I only need to remove the mount, and replace the original screws to revert the bike back to completely standard.

I've now sold the GPS V and got a Quest, so the bracket has been modified to take the Garmin Quest mount.

I started out by making a wooden bracket, to get the concept right, and the GPS just where I wanted it, then made the final nylon version.

HTH

Russell