Re: [ST] Forks and Shocks.......

Well I put on ~260 miles today and everything performed fantastically! I had the shock dialed to the preload setting according to the Wilbers directions. I left the high and low speed compression settings along with the rebound at the factory settings. These are preset by Wilbers based upon my weight etc....

The forks were adjusted to Wilbers specs too. I also used their recommended amount of oil (135mm air column) but used Race Tech's oil weight (15w). I cut ~20mm off the spacers to match the length of the emulators and put it all back together. (that's a story unto itself). I set the preload at 8 tuns in (I counted 15.5 allowable turns) which worked out to match the Wibers specs.

The ride was very comfortable and the bike felt very well planted when leaned over. Ok there aren't a lot of twisties here in Illinois but I found a few of my favorites and it felt good in them. It also felt great @ 80 - 85mph in the sweepers we seem to have everywhere. Another nice thing was no nose dive when applying the front brakes even under hard pressure. I mean it still moved down but not much and it wasn't the quick dive I didn't like with the stock springs. There were a few harsh, bone jarring incidents but I don't know of anything that reacts well to frost heaves or road buckles especially when they jump out in front of you. I give the Wilbers/RaceTech fork combination and the Wilbers shock two big thumbs up! I'm going to leave the settings as they are for a while and see how the work out before I start experimenting.

George