Re: [ST] 1050 wheelie?

Nate

Lots of things make wheelies and I'm not too sure if Sports Touring is
the primary category for this!<G>

Filling your top box with heavy things will do it as will more
torque/grip at the back wheel.  The latter can be achieved with gearing
(i.e. gearbox selection, final-drive ratio(spockets and rear wheel
diameter)), lubrication, engine tune, capacity, sticky tyres/tires,
grippy road, bla, bla bla.

I'm really sorry if not being able to power-wheelie in 2nd gear is a
'plague' on the 05 ST.  As you say, anyone should be able to do it if
they want to.

Chris Harwood
00 RS
>>> nate@xxxxxxxxxx 08/06/2005 13:36:40 >>>
I'm surprised your stock ST won't power wheelie, not that I endorse
that
kind of chicanery ;).  I'd wager that dropping a tooth in the front or

adding a couple out back would greatly increase your ST's desire to get

light.  I know that it made a big difference with my RS and made it
much
more drivable in the twisties.  The stock gearing on both bikes, IMHO,
is
too high.

The same gearing issue may plague the 1050's desire to wheelie as well,

but with the bump in power it may be less of an issue.  To a certain
degree I think wheelies are somewhat rider dependent.  That is to say
that a practiced hooligan can make any bike wheelie :).

Keep the rubber side down,

Nate
00SprintRS

<<<<,