Re: [ST] Tires...

Yeah I suck.  Thanks for the catch.

Stock BT57 has 8/32in tread depth

8/32in = 6.35mm (NOT 25.4 hehe)

If 2800 miles is to 4.35 mm (u said u have two mm
left)

Then 2mm left is to 1284 miles

I guess u have enough tread Dan, but like it's been
said tires sometimes go off at the end and wear
quicker, plus if the tires are squared off
already...that's no fun on a nice trip!

I'd go with new tires.  It's an easy choice for me
with the Harbor Freight Tire changer setup as I could
run the new tires for the trip, then slap the old
tires back on the bike for some more commuting and the
tire swapping wouldn't cost me anything.  But if you
pay the dealer to swap your tires I see where u would
be thinking of stretching the squared off tires.

36/42 sounds fine....with ~4k on the rear tire,
especially on the center of the tread commuting, that
doesn't sound unreasonable.

Good luck,

Bryce