Re: [ST] Avon tires (was: 1050 wheelie?)

My local tire dealer strongly recommended that I avoid the Avon 45. He says it wanders back and forth. Personally, I'd rather have a sticky front (I hate when it slides) and the hope is that the sport front will wear out about the same time as the ST rear. I prefer having new tires front and back. I've never used the 45 front, so I don't know how it compares to the 49. The 49 still outlasted the 46 rear by a little, but I could have pushed them both farther. I was leaving for a 1000 mile weekend in WV, so I swapped them out a little early.

Garry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick & Joyce" <rnjwes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 8:57 PM
Subject: RE: [ST] 1050 wheelie?

Garry wrote:
...or perhaps I will continue on with the Avon 49 sport front and
the sport-touring 46 rear that I also liked.<<

Garry,
I've considered this combination since the front continues to have
lots of tread in the center when the sides are worn to the wear bars.
Can you quantify the difference running the stickier front tire?
--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST