Re: [ST] Tires...

YIPPIE - Tire thread!!!

My BT 57 lasted me about 5000 miles, the front at 8000 miles is shot on the sides - the center is perfectly fine. I put BT 014's on the rear, wears like the 57 but much stickier, so I'll get 014's on the front next week

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Wetherington" <DEW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 6:39 AM
Subject: [ST] Tires...

I was looking at my tires this morning, and noticed that the wear bars
seem awefully close...  Checked them at work, and I'm about 2mm from the
bars on the rear, 3mm from the bars on the front.  These are the stock
BT57's, with ONLY 2800 miles on the bike!  I don't see how I could
possibly get more than 4k out of the rear tire...

Not that its a big concern, as I'm not happy with the response of the
tire, but I wasn't expecting to have to replace them that soon.  I leave
next Wed for a ~1200 mile trip (two up), and have a feeling that I will
need new tires (at least the rear) shortly after that trip...

Does this seem unreasonable for life on the stock tire?  I don't do
burnouts, and most of my riding is commuting so they have gotten a
decent flat spot...

Dan

www.packereng.com