Re: [ST] track day - camelbak

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Rupert Galea wrote:

-So who has some CamelBak wisdom/experience to share?

I've used one for several years, one of the older designs, a 50 oz capacity I
think.  Sometimes it bugs me in the front underarm area with the new 'stich
and I don't remember it bothering me like that with older jackets.  But since
most of my riding is travelling between a couple of points, and the way water
refreshes and keeps one alert it's worth the bother for the convenience of not
having to stop.  I also get groggy after lunch and that quick drink helps
tons.

I've seen Platypus bladders that go in the tank bag, and if the tube is
clipped to the outside and easily accessible I wouldn't think that any harder
than reaching for my CamelBack's tube.  I wear mine over the right shoulder
and grab it with my left hand to stuff up under the chin bar when needed.

Some FirstGear jackets like the Kilimanjaro and Kenya have pockets for a
bladder and a grommet for tube access too.

My wife had an older CamelBack that we replaced with a newer model last year,
it's design looks better as far as the straps, and the fill hole is way bigger
now and can easily accommodate big ice cubes.

I don't use the valve that has the big on/off valve, the bite-valve does just
fine.  But it sucks when a bug splats on your bite-valve!

HIH,

--

                               ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\