Re: [ST] Tried the archives and failed, the Guinness was easier!

> Can't figure out how to find what I'm looking for, sorting through nearly 1000 hits.
>
> Repeat question, I'm sure.  I'm noticing, even through insulated textile riding pants, a serious amount of engine heat coming up around the back end of the tank on my '01.  First noticed on a 60 degree day, very obvious as it has gotten warmer.  Has this been addressed by anyone?  Haven't done more than 40 miles in a stretch (still don't have a registration on this salvage rebuilt bike!), but I see this really cooking my legs on a longer trip.

Jeremy you have discovered one of the few major issues with the ST. It
throws out a lot of heat. If you are moving it is not too bad but you
can get roasted in traffic.

The only solution I have heard of is a modification that CAPT Howard
S. Serlick USNR made. I am not sure how well it work. You can find
details here
http://www.triumphnet.com/st/mods/body/index.html

Rupert