[ST] Best Range on a Tankful [was: July Rider]

I can usually go well over 200 miles to reserve.  My best range on a
tank: 259.7 miles and I still had .4 us gallons remaining, so I might
have gone another 20 miles...  and I hadn't paid any particular
attention to topping off the tank when I filled it at the beginning of
the ride.

--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST - 5.6 US gal tank

Dan Wetherington wrote:
>>All I can say is WOW!  I routinely fill up between 140-160 on my 03
ST...   That's after the light comes on, usually needing around 4.5
gallons to fill it up...  Do I have a lead wrist??  I haven't gotten
any tickets on the bike yet...  (knock on wood)  What's your typical
riding like?  I am commuting most of the time, so lots of lights, lots
of accel - decel.  The best I've done was around 175-180 miles before
the light came on.<<

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Gavin Lawrie wrote:
>> I regularly get 200 UK miles out of a tankful before the amber
light comes on then another 30 before I NEED to fill up.

bil@woovis:
>>Hmmm?  I'm only ~2400 miles into my '03, but I still start looking
to fill up right at about the 200 mile mark but recently had to press
on a little further...the light lit at about 220 and I filled up at
247 with ABOUT .5 gallon (US) remaining.  That particular ride was
mixed fast slab sweepers and little mountain roads in NC.

I think the change you are referring to is to the >2002 models that
lost .5 US gal dropping us to a 5.1 capacity (from 5.6 IIRC).