RE: [ST] nail

It's always up to the rider and what u are comfy with.
 Myself, I had a string plug in the front, and one in
the rear of my St1100...Road thousands of miles like
that with no trouble.  I trust them completely.  When
the tires came off I inspected the inside of the
plugs..pretty cool with the little nub of rubber in
there and still sticky.  Use Rubber Cement...ride like
a bat out of hell.  (As long as the hole is in the
relatvely center of the tread)  This is what all my
riding buddies do, and I've never heard of a problem.
At worse u slowly will lose air if u don't get the
plug in properly....so u plug it again.

Bryce