Re: [ST] Arai

In a previous email, Masiak, Richard wrote:

HOG WASH!  Proper fit and safety.  All you have to do is what I did,
pre-policy change.  GO to a local store.  Try on various Arai models
and find the one that fit for safety.  Then go online and and save
over $100.  My model was $429 plus tax in store.  I bought it online
for $329 and free shipping!  Same model the "fit for safety" in the
rape shop. :-)

That Arai corporate crap about proper fit and safety is just that,
CRAP!  Too many shops couldn't compete with the online pricing and
probably went crying to Arai, so they changed the policy.

If I can't save money and buy online then they can BITE ME.  They
just lost a returning customer.

Last year at the motorcycle show in NYC I went to a booth where there were Arai representatives. I have worn Shoei for a few years and was interested in trying an Arai. I asked about a properly fitted helmet. The guy pointed to another booth where there were several styles and sizes wired to a rack. He said "Go try one on then come back and we can order one for you." I had figured that they would actually measure my head. I was wrong. So, rather than sticking my head into a helmet that had been on who knows how many cooty filled heads I decided to stick with my Shoei.

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
-- Matt Groening, "Life in Hell"