RE: [ST] Arai

<<
HOG WASH! Proper fit and safety. All you have to do is what I did, pre-policy
change. GO to a local store. Try on various Arai models and find the one that
fit for safety. Then go online and and save over $100. My model was $429 plus
tax in store. I bought it online for $329 and free shipping! Same model the
"fit for safety" in the rape shop. :-)

That Arai corporate crap about proper fit and safety is just that, CRAP! Too
many shops couldn't compete with the online pricing and probably went crying to
Arai, so they changed the policy.

If I can't save money and buy online then they can BITE ME. They just lost a
returning customer.

I completly agree with you. If Arai had been upfront about their motivations, and actually created a requirement where each brick-and-mortar dealership had to have an Arai trained person on staff, then I wouldn't be so offended. But this, "No internet sales for you!"[/soupnazi voice], then later saying it was "to insure fit and safety" cover is crap. Walk into just about any dealership selling Arai's and ask to get fitted, you'll be either 1) pointed towards a stack of helmets and left alone or 2) asked what size do you wear? Very, very rarely will you get someone who can actually measure and fit an helmet.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen