Re: [ST] 99 Sprint ST fault codes and Idle or stalling problem

Stephen

Mfrs codes are in the w/shop manual but you seem to have the text
pretty much verbatim.
P0113 Inlet air temperature sensor MC2000 ECM only: Open circuit, or
short to battery +. - Check wiring to pins 11/34 on ECM
P0105 Barometric pressure sensor/wiring fault MC2000 ECM only: Check
wiring to pins 12/13/34 on ECM
These wiring checks with the ECM unplugged.

HTH
Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 14/06/2005 14:32:32 >>>
hi again,
   Received my Tuneboy yesterday.  I think I found my idle problem.
There
are two fault codes in the diagnostics.  PO113 and PO105.  One has to
do
with an error in the barometric circuit and the other is an open
circuit in
the air temperature sensor or short to battery+.   I also noticed that
the
battery voltage seemed a bit low at 11.82 volts.  This diagnostic test
was
taken with the ignition on but not running.  Tuneboy kept crashing my
laptop
and I forgot that when the ignition is on so are the lights, so then
there
wasn't enough juice to start the engine.
   Anyone ran into these errors before?  The air pressure valve on the
tank
doesn't have a hose hooked to it.  I can get a hose, but am not
positive
where to hook the other end.  I am guessing it is to a similar size
port on
the underside of the airbox, but am not sure about that.  I will get
new
sensors.  Hopefully that will solve the one fault, as I do not look
forward
to finding a "short to battery" condition.
   Anyone ran into these faults before?  Any ideas on this?  Anyone
know of
a manufacturers list of fault codes?

    On a side note, I fixed the idle problem short term. I temporarily
disconnected the idle stepper motor while the engine was warmed up,
then
pushed the plunger slowly in until she idled at about 1100 rpm.  Worked
like
a charm.  I know that is high for idle, but not for a temp fix.  No
more
stalling when rolling off the throttle on curves or when at a light.
Once I
get these fault codes fixed I will hook up the stepper.  When running
the
diagnostics, the stepper was re hooked up.

Stephen