RE: [ST] SS Brake Lines?

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Jeremy Witt wrote:

> My experience has been that pushing the pistons back into the caliper involves bleeding (brake fluid, not blood), which I'll likely be doing anyway to make the funny color go away.

You should bleed them to make the color go away, but you don't have to to
push the pistons back. Just put a thinnish but strongish sliver of wood
between the pads before your compress them with a bit of wood hanging out
of both ends. Then use that to press the pads back when you are done
cleaning the pistons. You don't get *quite* as much piston surface area to
clean this way of course.