From: STeve Duncan <xhippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:23:35 -0500
Subject: RE: [ST] nail

>Hi all,
>
>I had to pull a nail out of my back tire : a BT57 with only 1500 kms on it >(930 miles).A mate shoved a plug in it so that I could get the bike home.
>
>I'm planning on taking the bike to a professional bike tire fitter to have >the plug checked out with the tire off the rim.
>
>I've got mates who tell me I should chuck the tire, and replace it with a >new one.
>
>Seems an unholy waste, anyone got a view ?
>

>Also - anyone tried out the Pirelli Strada's ?
>

>thanks
>

>Marc

Marc, I know it seems like a terrible waste, and I've had to do it myself. But do you really want to be contemplating a catastrophic tire failure while zooming along at speed? We have enough to worry about, adding a plugged tire just ruins the fun of riding, for me.

Just my personal opinion.

eL Donut
jinete en la tormenta

STeve Duncan