Re: [ST] SS brake lines

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 simonb@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

-You could do if you want the expense. But just getting the dust off the slave
-cylinders is all you need to do. The seals tend to grip the cylinders causing
-the spongy feeling at the lever. I squirt a small quantity of PJ1 blue chain
-lube down the side of the slave cylinders to keep the corrosion/water out.
-This makes a big difference as you don't have to clean everything back up
-untill the next change of pads. Replaceing the seals will never be required.
-Well not till the bikes done mega miles anyway. It PJ1 is very good at keeping
-the UK winter road salt out of the calipers.

Sounds like a reasonable thing to do to me, and a good tip to boot!  How long
have you been chain lubing your pistons?  And do you do this with the pads
off, or are you squirting it in situ between the pads and the calipers onto
the pistons?

Curious but seems like a good idea!

--

                               ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\