tuneboy tunes and idle ....WAS [ST] 99 Sprint ST fault codes andIdleorstallingproblem.continued

Thanks Chris,

  The situation has changed after monkeying a bit today.  I finally got
tuneboy to work most of the time, even though it generated errors and wanted
to close.  Anyway, the previous error codes have stopped now and the engine
light went out.  That is good news.  A low fuel sensor fault is now the only
fault listed and that is most likely because it is unplugged at the moment.
   The map that was already in the ecu was #9852, which seems to be for a
daytona or speed triple.  How it got there I don't know.  I loaded Sprint
ST/RS with standard exhaust with aftermarket exhaust #9890.  I tried to load
#10078 for Sprint ST/RS up to VIN 139276 with aftermarket exhaust, which
should apply, but tunedit said it was for a different ecu type.  My vin # is
077209, which should have worked.
   Of course it still doesn't want to idle after being warmed up, and now
the battery is too low after all the testing with the ignition on, so I am
going to hang it up for tonight.  But it seems that progress has been made.
The sensors test ok, and so do the wires.  Somehow the vid number in the ecu
is now reported as lost, but I can live with that.

Again, thanks guys for your help.  I feel I am much closer now to solving
this problem.

Stephen